The Shark is the great predators in the water world. There are more than 340 different types of sharks in the world. Researchers said it could be to find more types of sharks because there is a probability of their living in this world before dinosaurs. The great white shark facts for kids to sufficient inform and also about the hype that created from scary movies. There are different types sharks like a hammerhead, tiger shark, bull shark and Mako shark.
Here we are discussing about the great white sharks facts for kids, please read below.
10- Amazing – Great White Shark Facts for Kids
- The great hype about sharks for human hunting. Even Sharks kill the people due to their adventure mistakes, only 12 people per year. While people kill more than 11 thousand sharks for food in a single hour.
- True great white shark facts for kids that white shark attacks on people more than other sharks. It really needs to be aware and leave such places that warn about white sharks.
- Most of great white shark size is 15 feet long and weighted more than 3000 pounds which is really heavy weight and dangerous. But some sharks also found with the 20 feet long.
- Great white sharks can live a month without eating or hunting any food.
- White shark doesn’t have a single bone structure like other fish facts that commonly used for food. While white sharks have a complete skeleton that made up with complex tissue like human organs ears and nose.
- Sharks can’t blink their eyes even they have eyelids. The surrounding clean water clears its eyes and make sharp glance.
- White sharks have a great sensibility to hunt. A laser feels eyes make them able to see far-flung in the deep clear and also murky water. They used their two third of the brain only for smell in the water. Even a shark can smell only a single drop of blood in the water, for example an Olympic sized pool which is really high stage of sensibility.
- All species of sharks didn’t give birth to pups. Pups are baby sharks and ready to care itself without a mother’s care. Some species of sharks lay eggs, but it depends on the ocean surface and temperature, later on pup hatches from an egg on its own to spend their lives.
- Great white sharks are more speedy and powerful predators. They can run in the water at more than 30 kilometers per hour.
- White sharks are actually warmed blooded and need to eat much meat to maintain their body temperature and health. Otherwise, they didn’t keep their constant body temperature.
Great White Shark Habitat
White sharks also called white death. Mostly, it is located in the coastal region’s waters of all different major oceans. The Farallon Island, which is a national wildlife refuge and is far away 27 miles from San Francisco, is a valuable and a common feeding place especially for the Great white sharks.
Great white sharks give birth 3-12 with fully prepared pups and ready to live by their own. The really great white shark facts for kids are that they are really harmful for humans and it is not possible to get all perfect from their lives. Great white shark life cycle is stranger while researchers saying about their life which is 100 years but it is not proving. Long live and harmful animal lives are anonymous.